Original Jerk (2015, 2nd Place)
2015, 2nd Place – Meat Required > Jerk Seasoning
Place: 2nd Place
Product Name: Original Jerk
Category: Meat Required
Subcategory: Jerk Seasoning
Our Original Jerk Sauce is a sweet and spicy blend of Caribbean jerk spices along with classic southern barbecue flavors. It is perfect for grilling, basting, dipping and for use as a marinade.
Company Name: Louisville Sauce Company
7606 Brewer Drive
Louisville, KY 40258
Contact Person: Frank Voegtlin
What goes well with burgers? Beer braised onions and sriracha-aioli that’s what. This mouthwatering jerk burger recipe from 2015 Scovie Award winner Louisville Sauce Company makes our stomachs growl just reading it. Tip: Save some beer from the braised onion recipe for drinking…
- 1 Pound ground chuck beef
- ¼ Cup Louisville Sauce Company Original Jerk Sauce
- 3 Hamburger Buns (we used Brioche)
- 1 Tomato Sliced
- 1 Recipe Beer Braised Onions (Recipe Follows)
- 1 Recipe Sriracha-Aioli (recipe Follows)
- These can be made a day ahead and reheated before serving.
- 1 Medium onion, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced.
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 Cup beer at room temperature. (We used an American IPA)
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine Ground Beef and Jerk Sauce. Mix well, then refrigerate for 30 minute to 4 hours.
- Divide Beef into 3 hamburger patties and grill until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees or to your liking.
- To assemble: Spread Sriracha-aioli on one side of bun, add a hamburger patty, beer braised onions, a slice of cheese and a slice of tomato. Close bun and serve!
- Add 2 TBSP of butter to a small pot over medium. Melt butter and add onions, a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the onions start to soften. About 5 minutes.
- Add the beer and cook until the beer has evaporated and the onions are softened.
- For more product information and to order online visit louisvillesauceco.com